Welcome to CrossFit The Challenge! Our program delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. Our specialty is not specializing. Combat, survival, many sports, and life reward this kind of fitness and, on average, punish the specialist.
We use a combination of Olympic weightlifting, speed & conditioning, power-lifting, and gymnastics. We focus on functional movements that are based upon our daily movements, not something like standing on an elliptical for 20 minutes, where do you see that in your daily life? Our goal is to improve your health and make you stronger for your every day life.
The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. CrossFit uses the same routines on the elderly as it does for the most top elite athletes you can think of. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change programs.
Every time you come in, you will be coached by our trainers who are always trying to increase their knowledge on fitness and nutrition. You will actually see the trainers sweat & do workouts with you – not just stand by and tell you how to get FIT.
We do this by utilizing a variety of functional movements performed at high intensity to increase individual work capacities. Every group session is tailored to meet each person’s specific ability. Sessions typically last thirty minutes to an hour, with many of the workouts lasting fifteen minutes or less.
There are 10 general physical skills that we will work to develop here at CrossFit The Challenge. These skills include:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina- The ability of the body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility- The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility- The ability to minimize transition time from one movement patter to another.
9. Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Read more about the 10 general physical skills when you download the FREE CrossFit Journal “What is Fitness?” at CrossFit Journal
If you are unfamiliar with CrossFit Training or would like to know more about what we do at CrossFit The Challenge, come visit and watch a work out or join in on your first free session! Contact us for details and more information, we’re always welcoming new people!
Content courtesy of CrossFit, inc.